Maximize your import capabilities utilising our expertise
At Portagent, we understand the importance of a fast and cost-effective customs declaration process for your imports. Whether it’s raw materials, machinery, or goods for resale, we can help you get your products to market quickly. Our experts will assign the correct tariff numbers (HS / Taric codes) and prepare all necessary documents to ensure a smooth customs clearance process.
We also offer consulting and support with preferential origin agreements which allow to minimize or avoid import duties where applicable. Our services extend to both whole container load and individual LCL commodity customs declarations. Additionally, we offer fiscal representation to minimize bureaucracy and maximize your cash flow.
If you are looking to have your goods released for free circulation or fiscal clearance, the process involves the following steps:
- Guidelines concerning possible customs procedures and required formalities
- Power of Attorney to authorize Portagent as your direct representative
- Consultation regarding required formalities and documents
- Submission of a customs declaration and its acceptance by the Customs Office
- Document inspection by the Customs Office
- If necessary, the Customs Office could ask for further documentation (e.g., providing additional documents/verification of goods by physical customs inspection/request for 3rd party experts)
- Completion of inspection and customs procedure
- Settlement of customs duties and related services
- Collection of goods by the client or a transportation company
Our location at the port of Bremerhaven is strategically situated just before the northern customs gate, with easy access to the Autobahn within 5 minutes.
At Portagent, we use advanced automation and digital processing to ensure quick, transparent, and secure service.
Our expertise comes from our customs experts who are legally recognized by German authorities.